Our volunteer program is an integral part of the way that we at Christadelphian Aged Care provide services to our residents and care recipients.
Volunteering is a personally rewarding experience.
We benefit from dedicated volunteers giving freely of their time to help enrich the lives of our residents and supplement the service of our employees to provide additional interaction with the world at large. Volunteers and staff work together to encourage residents to participate in a variety of social activities.
Volunteers help includes:
- Visiting and talking with residents
- Providing Pastoral Care so someone can be with your loved one when you cannot
- Reading books
- Providing musical entertainment including sing-a-longs
- Running craft activities
- Playing board games or cards
- Teaching about using computers
- Manning cafés, serving coffee and light meals
- Fetes and fairs
- Bus outings
Our residents greatly appreciate the services and enthusiasm of our volunteers.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please contact us.
Maranatha Aged Care in Kallangur is currently seeking volunteers to assist in:
- ACTIVITY ASSISTANT – Afternoons -1.30pm – 5pm (any hours during this period)
We are looking for someone who is patient, physically fit and enjoys the company of older people to assist in preparation and set up of activities, encourage residents to attend and participate in activities and accompany them to the activity. Activities may include bingo, bowls, movie afternoons, exercise and walking groups, and cooking and gardening groups, music and more. You will provide support and assistance under the supervision of the Lifestyle and Recreational Activities Team Leader.
- Craft Assistant: Card Making
Are you available on Mondays (twice a month) from 1.30pm to 3.30pm? We need a kind, caring person who likes craft activities and is willing to assist other volunteers with resident craft activity of making cards for all occasions. You will guide the residents and assist as guided by the activity leader.
- Bus Trip Assistant
Are you available from 9am to 12pm on either of the 1st, 3rd or 5th Wednesday of each month? Or every 2nd & 4th Thursday of the month? We need a special volunteer to assist our Activity Officers take our residents on a fortnightly bus trip. Are you tolerant, kind and caring? Do you do well under pressure? Are you happy to chat about the scenery from the bus with the residents? If you have patience & a happy outgoing nature we would love you to volunteer.
- Walking group for residents
The activities team would love more volunteers to assist our wheelchair residents on their daily morning walk, by collecting them from their room and pushing them around. This starts from the entry to Lilly Pilly/Magnolia wing at 9am, Monday through Friday. Please see Carmel or Kerralye should you be able to assist.
We are looking for help in the gardens with weeding, watering, pruning and general cleaning up. Please speak with Carmel if you are interested.
- Birthday Party helpers
We are in need of as many volunteers as possible to help with the birthday party on a Friday morning, once a month, so please keep this in mind when deciding on your volunteer times and inform Carmel or Kerralye if you are able to assist.
- Cafe Assistant
We are still in need of volunteers to assist Thursdays and Saturdays. If you are available at all during October, November and December please let Carmel know so she can add you to the roster. Our cafe for our residents, their families, our volunteers, staff and visitors, is a vibrant social hub for our hostel and a service which we are proud of.
- Maintenance Assistant
Joe our Maintenance Manager requires assistance with ongoing chores. If you have four or so hours a week or fortnight to spare us to help cherry Scottish Joe out we would greatly appreciate your help. Kindly see Carmel at Sunnyside for more information on the current jobs Joe has need of assistance with, should you be interested.
- Dementia ‘A Wing’ Assistant
Do you have a kind, nurturing and compassionate way with people? Perhaps you would enjoy learning about and assisting with the unique daily needs of our residents living with dementia. This is a special role for a special person. Please speak with Carmel should you like to discuss this volunteering role further.
- One-on-one chats with residents
We are needing more volunteers to chat to our residents. Please see Carmel if you have some free time and she can introduce you to some residents who would love some more company.
Please contact Carmel Hayden on (070 3482 5316 or email@example.com.
Southhaven Aged Care in Padstow Heights is currently seeking volunteers to assist in:
- Help run a craft session in Treetops, such as knitting, making cards, gift boxes, sticker work, painting etc
- Assist with a coffee mornings for Treetop residents in the café (groups or about 8). Have morning tea with residents in the café and generate conversation and provide social interaction with other residents. (Wednesday and Friday between 10-11am)
- One to one social visits for residents who are room based across the facility, play a two player game with residents and provide them with a game and social interaction to pass the time. Reminisce about old times and hear the residents stories.
- Watch a movie with the men. Such as war based movies, westerns, watch sport together. Come and have a chat with the men, and share a drink with them and have cheese and biscuits with them, which we provide.
- Table based gardening sessions in Treetops. Plant some bulbs, plant seeds, make a planter over a few weeks and then plant it out. Instructions can be provided. We will provide the materials.
- Read short stories or poetry to small groups of residents across the facility or individuals who are room based across the facility.
Those interested please contact David Bridgens on 0400 016 809 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chamberlain Gardens in Wyoming is currently seeking volunteers to assist in:
- Gardening – it would great to have someone who could help our Volunteer gardener do small jobs at Chamberlain Gardens.
Casa Mia in Padstow is currently seeking volunteers to assist in:
- Would you like a cup of tea and a chat? We have a number of residents who are lonely and have no visitors. If you can spare an hour a week (or more) to bless the lives of these people, it would be very much appreciated.
- Are you willing to read the Bible aloud? Some residents would very much appreciate some company and Bible readings on a regular basis.
- We would also love a male volunteer to help with our men’s club!
Courtlands Village in North Parramatta is currently seeking volunteers to assist in:
- all areas of chicken care and encourage Resident and chicken interaction.
Aims: To ensure that our residents have opportunity to interacted with the chickens and help staff with the ongoing care and upkeep of the chickens.
- Assist with Bus Outings to help Residents to access the community safety.
Aims: To facilitate safe and enjoyable access to services, community facilities and venues of interest.
Those interested please contact Sherene Noble on 0433 622 573 or email@example.com.