Our volunteer program is an integral part of the way that we at Christadelphian Aged Care provide services to our residents and care recipients.
Volunteering is a personally rewarding experience.
We benefit from dedicated volunteers giving freely of their time to help enrich the lives of our residents and supplement the service of our employees to provide additional interaction with the world at large. Volunteers and staff work together to encourage residents to participate in a variety of social activities.
Volunteers help includes:
- Visiting and talking with residents
- Providing Pastoral Care so someone can be with your loved one when you cannot
- Reading books
- Providing musical entertainment including sing-a-longs
- Running craft activities
- Playing board games or cards
- Teaching about using computers
- Manning cafés, serving coffee and light meals
- Fetes and fairs
- Bus outings
Our residents greatly appreciate the services and enthusiasm of our volunteers.
Casa Mia in Padstow is currently seeking volunteers to assist in:
- Would you like a cup of tea and a chat? We have a number of residents who are lonely and have no visitors. If you can spare an hour a week (or more) to bless the lives of these people, it would be very much appreciated.
- Are you willing to read the Bible aloud? Some residents would very much appreciate some company and Bible readings on a regular basis.
Please contact Cathy Strachan on 0435 814 411.
Courtlands Village in North Parramatta is currently seeking volunteers to assist in:
– all areas of chicken care and encourage Resident and chicken interaction.
Aims: To ensure that our residents have opportunity to interacted with the chickens and help staff with the ongoing care and upkeep of the chickens.
– Instillation of Christmas garden light decorations
– To help with Christmas preparations, decorations and parties.
Aims: To ensure that our residents have a wonderful Christmas and offer help to staff with all the extra preparations and activities at this very busy time of year.
Those interested please contact Sherene Noble on 0433 622 573 or email@example.com.
Southhaven Aged Care in Padstow Heights is currently seeking volunteers to assist in:
– providing one-to-one spiritual care to residents
– providing one-to-one social chats with residents.
Those interested please contact David Bridgens on 0400 016 809 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ridgeview Aged Care in Albion Park is currently seeking volunteers to assist in:
– Running the Happy Days Cafe for two hours on a Thursday and/or Friday morning. Those interested please contact Michelle Chate on 0434 421 617 or email@example.com.
If you are interested in being a volunteer please contact us.