Christadelphian Aged Care is a respected and trusted not for profit aged care provider.
We are seeking to recruit a Permanent Part Time Volunteer and Pastoral Care Coordinator (24 hours per week) for our facility at North Parramatta.
You will be responsible for the effective and efficient recruitment and allocation of volunteers and pastoral carers at the facility in harmony with the requirements of staff and residents and facilitate a caring environment which also may offer spiritual and emotional support for residents and families when requested.
The role involves:
• Manage and develop a team of volunteers and pastoral carers, including assessing their skills, knowledge and work preferences and providing training where required.
• Recruit volunteers and pastoral carers with suitable skills and knowledge for appropriate areas to meet the needs of the organisation.
• Develop a strong relationship with the facility manager and recreational activity officers, the pastoral care and community relations manager, and the volunteer and pastoral care coordinators at other facilities.
• Understand the requirements of residents and the organisation and match these with the available volunteers and pastoral carers.
• Assist facility in meeting all accreditation and resident protection requirements, including ensuring that all volunteers and pastoral carers have a valid and current Police clearance to work in the aged care sector.
• Attend relevant training.
• Provide Pastoral Care administration and co-ordination
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Ability to engage with a large number of people and encourage them in the volunteer and pastoral care program
• Ability to implement programs with people from diverse backgrounds
• Ability to work flexible hours on occasion, as the role will require attendance at meetings or events and contact with volunteers and pastoral carers outside normal working hours
• Computer literate, or willingness to undertake relevant training
• Ability to demonstrate insight into human interactions and an ability to listen with empathy
• An understanding of the spiritual dimensions of life
• Ability to work independently on multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate effectively on the phone and in writing with a professional presence
• Willingness to be an advocate for the volunteer and pastoral care program
• Appointment to the position is dependent on a valid Police clearance and relevant Work Rights Status.
To apply for the role, please forward your resume and covering letter describing your experience and suitability specific to this position to email@example.com.
Applications close on 25th March 2019