About the Company
Christadelphian Aged Care is a respected and trusted not for profit aged care provider that has been serving the community for more than 70 years. We have seven Homes and three Villages across Sydney, the Central Coast, and Kallangur QLD.
About the Role
We are seeking to recruit a Permanent Part Time Volunteer and Pastoral Care Coordinator (24 hours per week) for our facility at Gladesville.
You will provide spiritual and emotional support that enhances overall well-being for residents and families when requested. You will coordinate the volunteer program, liaising with the lifestyle team and providing support to volunteers.
The role involves:
- Responsibility for the effective assessment, planning, delivery, and evaluation of spiritual care services to residents ensuring a holistic approach to resident centred care.
- Understanding of the individual requirements of residents, matching these with spiritual and cultural preferences.
- Managing and developing a team of volunteers and pastoral carers, including assessing their skills, knowledge, and work preferences, providing training where required
- Developing strong, positive relationships with all members of the team ensuring a cooperative approach enhancing team performance.
- Demonstrating respect, empathy, and sensitivity at all times.
- Assisting the facility in meeting all accreditation and resident protection requirements including all volunteers have valid and current police clearance checks and evidence of flu vaccinations.
- Attending all relevant training.
- Appropriate spirituality demonstrated through a living faith.
- Suitable qualifications, knowledge, and experience for the provision of spiritual care (such as completion of CHC42315 Cert IV in Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care, or recognized equivalent or willingness to undertake)
- Demonstrated understanding of the relevant Laws, Acts, Regulations, Charters and Codes of Practice
- Facilitates an environment of continuous learning and development
- Previous experience in management of people and conflict and complaints resolution
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in liaising with other staff at all levels and the ability to extend these skills to residents, carers, relatives and the general public.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including skills in listening with empathy and highly effective interpersonal and written communication.
- Experience in the coordination of an effective volunteer program and/or community external services
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Works effectively and compliantly within regulatory and policy framework
- Evidence of vaccination for current and ongoing flu seasons
- Proof of Rights to Work in Australia
- Police check certificate taken within 12 months’ time
- Salary sacrifices available
- Flexible working hours
- Permanent Part Time position
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please forward your resume and covering letter describing your experience and suitability specific to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close by 15 February 2021