Christadelphian Aged Care is seeking to recruit a physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist to cover maternity leave at our Maranatha facility in Kallangur QLD.
Maranatha is a 128 bed RACF in Brisbane north, surrounded by beautiful garden. We are dedicated to providing the best, person centered care for the residents who live here.
We have a diverse population of residents with a wide range of needs.
This position is a Fixed Term Contract period – 6 months (December to May)
There’s a possibility of extending to Permanent Part time after that.
30 hours per week – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday – 0800 to 1600 (days could be flexible)
As a Physio/OT you will:
• Run pain clinic, providing regular pain relief for residents with chronic pain issues
• Develop care plans with a multidisciplinary team that maximize resident’s function and provide optimal quality of life.
• Develop falls management strategies for residents with high falls risk
• Prescribe & recommend equipment for pressure relief, mobility and to enhance function and quality of life.
• Provide education and act as a consultant for clinical staff regarding mobility, re-positioning, transfers, falls & pain management
• Work closely with residents and their families to achieve their goals.
• Current registration with AHPRA as physiotherapist or occupational therapist.
• Bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy or occupational therapy
• Relevant clinical Experience
• Experience in aged care preferred
• Current Police Clearance and Right to Work in Australia essential
• Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
Please provide contact details of two current or past managers’ to check references.
To apply for the role, please forward your resume and covering letter to email@example.com
Application closing date 30th November 2019