Call 1800 246 637 for more information about respite care today.
Christadelphian Aged Care is offering up to two weeks free respite care at our NSW Homes in Albion Park, North Parramatta, Padstow, Padstow Heights, Gladesville and Wyoming Homes to help meet the needs of carers and older people.
What does the free respite include?
- up to two weeks (14 days) of residential accommodation at our NSW Homes in Albion Park, North Parramatta, Padstow, Padstow Heights, Gladesville and Wyoming Homes in a single or shared room depending on availability
- 24-hour nursing care tailored to the specific needs of each resident, including assistance with personal care, showering, medication supervision and specialised nursing care
- access to specialised care for residents with dementia and other cognitive difficulties in a secure area of the Home (Ridgeview, Courtlands, Southhaven, Casa Mia, Ashburn House and Chamberlain Gardens only)
- respite residents are also able to participate in our lifestyle, therapy and Volunteer and Pastoral Care programs, including daily activities such as games, musical entertainment, pamper sessions, outings, exercise classes and one-on-one chats
- group and individual exercise and therapy programs that help prevent falls, increase mobility and maintain a sense of well-being
Call 1800 246 637 or email email@example.com for more information or to book your loved one in for respite care today.
Terms and conditions
Up to two weeks free respite care (14 days) is available at Ridgeview Aged Care, 95 Daintree Court, Albion Park, Courtlands Aged Care, 15 Gloucester Ave, North Parramatta, Northcourt Aged Care, 7 Saunders St, North Parramatta, Southhaven Aged Care at 11 Queensbury Rd, Padstow Heights, Casa Mia Aged Care at 28 Alma Rd, Padstow, Ashburn House, 20-34 Ashburn Place, Gladesville and Chamberlain Gardens, 53-67 Chamberlain Rd, Wyoming subject to availability and at the discretion of the Home.
The up to two weeks free respite care is available to older people with documented approval from an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
The free weeks must be included in the 63 days of respite care allowed for each individual in a financial year. Any respite required beyond that needs further ACAT approval.
The offer of free respite is not available to residents transferring between Christadelphian Aged Care Homes.
Bookings are encouraged, but emergency respite care is offered depending on availability.
The costs of all medications and extras such as hair appointments etc are to be covered by the individual.
Any impact the free respite has on an individual’s government allowances is up to the individual to discuss with the Department of Social Services.
For more information or to book call 1800 246 637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caring for an older person at home can be an extremely rewarding experience, but it also comes with challenges. Regular breaks are recommended for carers to recharge, refresh and help maintain their sense of well-being.
Respite care has benefits for both the carer and the person being cared for, and include:
- the chance for older people to socialise with others and participate in a variety of fun activities available at aged care Homes
- time for carers to focus on themselves and recharge so they can continue in their caring role for longer
- short-term support for the elderly who have been hospitalised for surgery or illness and need specialised help in their recovery
- the ability for carers to travel or attend to other responsibilities
- an experience of a different type of care that may be needed in the future