Christadelphian Aged Care is a respected and trusted not for profit aged care provider.
We are seeking to recruit a Permanent Full Time Diversional Therapist OR Leisure and Lifestyle Officer for our facility at Gladesville, who can start immediately.
Shifts would be as follows;
Monday – Friday : 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
You will be responsible for the organisation and delivery of a person centered Leisure & Lifestyle program for each client which includes the design, facilitation and evaluation of a broad range of activity programs (individual and group). The role includes a large degree of “on the floor” care with our residents.
-Degree/Assoc Degree in Diversional Therapy/Leisure & Health/Therapeutic Recreation or Certificate IV in Leisure & Health
– Minimum 2 years’ experience in the aged care industry in the area of leisure and lifestyle service provision
– Experience in planning and facilitating Leisure and Lifestyle programs
– Competent documentation and computer skills (including Word, Excel, Outlook Mail and Calendar)
– Previous experience in Aged Care and Dementia Care
– Strong verbal and written communication skills and be committed to continuous quality improvement
– Enthusiast team player
– Current First Aid Certificate
– Police clearance and proof of right to work in Australia
– Second language
– Current NSW driver’s license
– Hidden talents (musical, crafty, crossword guru)
To apply for the role, please forward your resume and covering letter describing your experience and suitability specific to this position to email@example.com.
Please provide contact details of two current or past managers’ to check references.
Applications close by 28th of October 2019.