COVID-19 information for our aged care facilities (NSW)
December 2, 2021
Dear Residents and Relatives,
With a high proportion of Australians now fully vaccinated, we are progressively adjusting to a COVID normal world.
As recent news stories highlight, it is vitally important that infection prevention precautions and health screening processes continue when visiting our Homes. This will remain especially important over the approaching holiday season for residents and their families to safely spend time together.
Public Health Orders for NSW remain in place, and this means the following visiting arrangements apply for CAC Homes:
- Residents can have only two fully vaccinated visitors aged 12 years and over, plus two children aged under 12 years per day (vaccination completed at least 14 days prior to visiting)
- Visits to be pre-booked in advance to ensure visits can be conducted safely and in line with social distancing requirements. Please call Reception directly.
- Check in using the Service NSW App and CAC Visitor Management kiosk
- Pass a health and risk screening check
- Bring and wear a surgical mask – ensure mask is worn correctly at all times during the visit
- Not to enter common areas, including dining rooms, lounge rooms and meeting areas
- For end-of-life visits there are special exemptions in place. Please contact the Facility Manager
- Always practice social distancing and please avoid physical greetings with others
- Failure to comply with these requirement is a breach of infection control and you may be asked to leave the facility
We have removed the two hour limit time for all visits. If you need to make a time to visit after hours, you will need to liaise directly with the facility to book an appropriate time so staff can be allocated to carry out the necessary screening requirements.
Please do not visit if:
- You have COVID-19 or flu like symptoms or a temperature 37.50C or higher
- Are a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case or someone still in their self-isolation period.
- You are waiting on a COVID-19 result
Visitors must not enter the facility at all if they:
- have been to an overseas country of concern in the last 14 days
- have been to other overseas countries (not of concern) in the previous 14 days, unless: o
- they are fully vaccinated and
- have received a negative PCR test 7 days or later after arrival in NSW.
The provision for international aircrew members to enter a facility has been removed
Christmas Day – New Year Visiting
We will be open for visiting each day over the Christmas / New Year period.
We encourage, where possible that loved ones are taken home to spend the day with families during the holiday season to support the resident’s social and emotional health and well-being following another year of lockdowns.
Please call the facility directly to make arrangements to take your loved ones out over this period. A risk assessment form will be completed and ready for you to sign on the day. The risk assessment will require details of where the resident is going and the number of people in attendance.
Thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation.
Chief Clinical Officer