Call 1800 246 637 to book in respite today.
Christadelphian Aged Care is offering free respite care at our North Parramatta, Padstow and Padstow Heights Homes for a limited time to help meet the needs of carers and older people.
North Parramatta (Courtlands Aged Care)
Residents can receive two weeks (14 days) free respite care at Courtlands Aged Care in North Parramatta.
Courtlands is set among a beautiful Village close to the heart of Parramatta in Sydney’s west. The extensive estate features manicured gardens and award-winning landscaping. The Home features 24-nursing care and a range of living environments tailored to meet the needs of each individual. Our nursing, lifestyle and therapy programs aim to build relationships and keep our residents independent for longer.
North Parramatta (Northcourt Aged Care)
Residents can receive two weeks (14 days) free respite care at Northcourt Aged Care in North Parramatta.
Our smaller North Parramatta Home has recently been renovated and offers new private and companion rooms for those seeking a more boutique nursing environment. Our staff get to know each resident and their individual preferences, and provide a comfortable and family atmosphere.
Casa Mia is a small Home located in a quiet suburb in Padstow, and is always hive of activity as residents enjoy social and therapeutic activities together in lounge and dining areas throughout the Home, and in the garden outside.
Padstow Heights (Southhaven)
Two weeks free respite care (14 days) is available at our Padstow Heights Home. Our Home is undergoing some significant expansion so we want to help overcome any inconveniences this may cause to residents and families.
Southhaven is located on the banks of Salt Pan Creek in a beautiful bushland environment close to shops and amenities.
Our Home offers professional nursing care 24 hours a day to meet the needs of each individual resident with compassion and dignity.
What does the free respite include?
- – two weeks (14 days) of residential accommodation at our North Parramatta, Padstow and Padstow Heights Homes in a single or shared room
- – 24-hour nursing care tailored to the specific needs of each resident, including assistance with personal care, showering, medication supervision and specialised nursing care
- – access to specialised care for residents with dementia and other cognitive difficulties in a secure area of the Home (Courtlands, Southhaven and Casa Mia only)
- – respite residents are also able to participate in our lifestyle, therapy and Volunteer and Pastoral Care programs, including daily activities such as games, musical entertainment, pamper sessions, outings, exercise classes and one-on-one chats
- – group and individual exercise and therapy programs that help prevent falls, increase mobility and maintain a sense of well-being
The offer also includes free telephone and Internet services during your respite stay (excluding international calls). Upon request, a telephone will be installed in your respite room for your convenience.
Call 1800 246 637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book your loved one in for respite care today.
Terms and conditions
Two weeks free respite care (14 days) is available at Courtlands Aged Care, 15 Gloucester Ave, North Parramatta, Northcourt Aged Care, 7 Saunders St, North Parramatta, Southhaven Aged Care at 11 Queensbury Rd, Padstow Heights, and Casa Mia Aged Care at 28 Alma Rd, Padstow for a limited time subject to availability.
The four weeks free respite care is available to older people with documented approval from an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
The free weeks must be included in the 63 days of respite care allowed for each individual in a financial year. Any respite required beyond that needs further ACAT approval.
The offer of free respite is not available to residents transferring between Christadelphian Aged Care Homes.
Bookings are encouraged, but emergency respite care is offered depending on availability.
The costs of all medications and extras such as hair appointments etc are to be covered by the individual.
Any impact the free respite has on an individual’s government allowances is up to the individual to discuss with the Department of Social Services.
For more information or to book call 1800 246 637 or email email@example.com.
Caring for an older person at home can be an extremely rewarding experience, but it also comes with challenges. Regular breaks are recommended for carers to recharge, refresh and help maintain their sense of well-being.
Respite care has benefits for both the carer and the person being cared for, and include:
- – the chance for older people to socialise with others and participate in a variety of fun activities available at aged care Homes
- – time for carers to focus on themselves and recharge so they can continue in their caring role for longer
- – short-term support for the elderly who have been hospitalised for surgery or illness and need specialised help in their recovery
- – the ability for carers to travel or attend to other responsibilities
- an experience of a different type of care that may be needed in the future