How to enter aged care

1. Identify a need for greater supportive care

There may be a gradual decline in health or independence, or a significant health event which leads to the need for more support and health care services.

Useful links:


2. Obtain an ACAT assessment

To access Commonwealth funded aged care services, a valid ACAT (Aged Care Assessment Team) approval must be obtained. See your doctor or find out more information about an ACAT.


3. Decide on type of care your require (community or residential based)

With the assistance of the ACAT, a decision needs to be made around what type of support services are needed. This could be:

  • Community based care (in your home)
  • Respite care (short term)
  • Permanent residential care
  • (Presently, Christadelphian Aged Care provides Respite and Permanent residential care)


4. Consider the financial and other implications of entering residential aged care

Refer to Things to Consider page as a place to start.


5. If residential aged care is sought please contact us.